Offering limitless potential to the right developer, this magnificent property presents numerous possibilities, ranging from private home to country club or small hotel, health farm or retirement housing.
The house was built in 1860 by a renowned wealthy landowner, whose family have resided there. Solidly built, although requiring total internal renovation, the Manor House has a genuine historical character which is seldomly attainable on today’s market.
The house is built on a small hill, giving a panoramic view of the property, its land and the surrounding countryside. The buildings have been arranged around a large enclosed courtyard, the main house with its immediate stabling to the front and 6 outer building including a large barn to back.
The courtyard would be ideally suited for a swimming pool and terracing or tennis courts, being well protected, bright and spacious. The outer buildings are ideal for further accommodation, or social and leisure amenities.
The large ground floor rooms of the main house were originally used for wine pressing and general storage, the first floor rooms for the main family accommodation. There are a total of 19 rooms in the main house, all separately accessible.
The property is supplied with main electricity and telephone and has substantial cisterns and its own borehole for the supply of water. In addition, the main water supply is available from the boundary of the property.
The property is within 3km easy access to the Algarve’s main road EN125, 5km east of Albufeira, with Loulé to the north.
- 19 bed
- Land is 90,000 m²